People often struggle to make the step to going vegan. Here is some advice which I can give based on my personal experiences.
1. Encourage the people around you to join you on your journey. For example, if you convince your parents to join you using all the facts presented on my 'Why Go Vegan?' page, it will be easier to make dinner and do groceries. You can all help and encourage each other. If not your parents, then convince your friends! It will make going out for lunch or dinner easier if there are other vegans with you.
2. Take it one step at a time. You can start off by first going vegetarian, and then slowly ease out of eating dairy and eggs. Or you can take a different approach by first cutting out certain meats such as fish or chicken, which feel the most pain. Find out which approach works best for you.
3. Don't give up if you make a mistake. It's okay to mess up every once in a while, don't be too harsh on yourself. You are already helping the environment a lot more than the people around you. Just make sure to keep going and stay determined!
4. When going out to eat, check the menu of the restaurant before you go so that you can see if there are any vegan options. You can always call the restaurant to see if they have any options that you can customise to be vegan.
5. When ordering coffee, almost all places nowadays will have soy milk, oat milk, or almond milk to go in your coffee, making it a lot easier. Otherwise, you can always order black coffee, which normally doesn't contain any calories.
You will get better at it along the way. It's a journey to improve the world and improve your health. Don't be embarrassed of being vegan, be proud of it!
Good luck :)